Summertime is the perfect time to travel. And if you’re looking for a destination that’s off the beaten path but still accessible, look no further than Kathmandu, Nepal. Kathmandu is a city steeped in history and culture, and there are plenty of things to do in this beautiful city this summer. From exploring ancient temples to soaking up the sun on the beaches of Thamel, there is something for everyone in Kathmandu this summer. So whether you’re a backpacker looking to explore an unfamiliar city or a seasoned traveler looking for a new adventure, read on for our list of the best things to do in Kathmandu this summer.
What to expect in Kathmandu
Looking to explore the Himalayan country of Nepal this summer? Here are five things you can expect in Kathmandu: captivating temples, sapphire-colored lakes, stunning mountains and a lively city full of culture.
Welcome to Kathmandu! This bustling city is home to some of the most captivating temples in all of Nepal. From Hindu shrines to Buddhist monasteries, there’s something for everyone to explore here. If you’re feeling energetic, take a walk through the lively streets of Thamel district or enjoy a picnic under the shade of a tree in Dhanusha Garden.
When it comes to nature, Kathmandu is a paradise. Just steps away from the bustle of Thamel district lies亚太山脉 (the Great Himalaya Range), where you can find sapphire-colored lakes that are perfect for swimming and fishing. At higher elevations, you can see snow-capped peaks soaring overhead. If hikes are more your thing, head out into the surrounding hills or valleys for an adventure that will leave you breathless.
Kathmandu is also home to some of Nepal’s most iconic attractions: Durbar Square and Patan Durbar Palace both date back several centuries and are among the country’s most popular tourist destinations. Unmissable sights if you visit Kathmandu during summer are evenings filled with pageantry at Durbar Square
The best places to stay in Kathmandu
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Kathmandu this summer, here are some of the best options.
1. The Shangri-La Hotel: Located in the heart of the city, The Shangri-La Hotel offers guests an excellent range of services and amenities.
2. Bhaisajyoti Guesthouse: Another great option for guests looking for a comfortable stay is Bhaisajyoti Guesthouse. This guesthouse offers both traditional Nepali accommodations as well as modern rooms and suites with all the amenities you could want. Plus, it’s situated just a few minutes’ walk from the banks of the
3. The Lalit Dham Guest House: If you’re looking for something different but still want to stay within easy reach of the city center, then The Lalit Dham Guest House is worth considering. This guest house features antique-style decor and wooden floors, giving it a unique feel that will make your stay in Kathmandu unforgettable.
4. Naga Place Guest House: If luxury is what you’re after then Naga Place Guest House should be at the top of your list. This guest house offers luxurious accommodation with everything you could
What to do in Kathmandu this summer
If you’re thinking of visiting Nepal in the summer, Kathmandu is the place to be! The city is bustling with locals and tourists alike, and there are plenty of activities and attractions to keep you busy. Here are five things to do in Kathmandu this summer:
1. Visit Patan Durbar Square. This ancient UNESCO World Heritage Site is home to a plethora of beautiful temples, monasteries, and palaces. There’s also a wide variety of shops and restaurants here, making it the perfect destination for a day out.
2. Head to Thamel for shopping opportunities. This touristy neighbourhood is filled with well-known luxury brands like Louis Vuitton and Gucci. It’s also home to some excellent restaurants, including some highly rated Nepali establishments.
3. See spectacular Buddhist art at Swayambhunath Temple or Boudhanath Stupa. Both temples are renowned for their beautiful carvings and statues, which depict scenes from Nepali history and religion.
4. Explore the Kathmandu Valley by bike or on foot. There are plenty of trails available that take you through lush forests and alongside rushing rivers. You can even stop off at local villages along the way!
5. Go bungee jumping or parachute jumping at Biratnagar Adventure Park near Kathmandu airport! These adrenaline-pumping activities will leave you feeling exhilarated and satisfied – perfect ways to end your trip
The top 5 things to see in Kathmandu this summer
1. Kumari Temple – this temple is dedicated to the Hindu goddess of wealth and fertility, and is a popular spot for tourists to take pictures.
2. Durbar Square – one of the most historic areas in Kathmandu, this square is home to many impressive architecture such as the Shree Raj palace and Patan Fort.
3. Swayambhunath Stupa – one of the most famous attractions in Kathmandu, this ancient stupa is considered sacred by Buddhists and Hindus alike.
4. Buddha Park – another popular spot for tourists, Buddha Park features a huge statue of the Buddha and plenty of other Buddhist sculptures and temples.
5. Thamel – one of Kathmandu’s busiest areas, Thamel features markets, restaurants, bars and shops galore. It’s also a great place to relax after spending some time exploring the city centre
How to get around Kathmandu
Kathmandu is the perfect city to experience the natural and cultural wonders of Nepal. Here are some tips on how to get around, so you can maximize your time in this beautiful city:
1. BY CAR: Kathmandu is well-connected by road, making it easy to explore the surrounding areas. The main streets are well laid out and signage is generally good. However, there can be a lot of traffic congestion during peak hours – so avoid travelling during busy times if possible.
2. BY TRAIN: Kathmandu is also connected by train, which makes travelling around much easier. Trains run frequently throughout the day and fares are reasonably priced – making it an ideal way to see more of the country while staying relatively low-maintenance. Just be aware that trains can get crowded and there can be delays – so plan your journeys carefully!
3. BY BUS: Buses are another great way to get around Kathmandu – especially if you want to take in more than one destination at a time. They’re often cheaper than taxis and offer a more relaxed travel experience overall. Just be aware that buses can get crowded and there can be delays, so make sure you allow plenty of time for your journeys!
What to eat in Kathmandu this summer
Kathmandu is a city known for its delicious food, and this summer is no exception. Here are the best things to eat in Kathmandu this summer:
1. KFC: If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal, head to KFC. The chicken is always fresh and the sides are always tasty.
2. McDonald’s: Another fast food option is McDonald’s. You can get burgers, fries, and ice cream here.
3. Pizza Hut: If you’re looking for something a little more substantial, Pizza Hut is the place to go. They have pizza, pasta, and salads that will satisfy any appetite.
4. Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf: For a coffee that won’t break the bank, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf is a great option. They have all types of coffee drinks as well as snacks like cookies and pastries.
5. Himalayan Ice Cream: For an unusual but delicious treat, try Himalayan Ice Cream at one of the local cafes or restaurants. It’s made from yak milk and has a delicate flavor that will surprise you (and probably taste pretty good too!).
How to spend your vacation in Kathmandu
Kathmandu is a beautiful, ancient city that offers plenty of activities for visitors to enjoy during their stay. There are many places to go and things to do in Kathmandu, but here are just a few suggestions:
Nepal National Museum – The Nepal National Museum is one of the best museums in Kathmandu and offers an informative tour of the area’s history. It’s also home to some impressive statues and art pieces.
Royal Palace – The Royal Palace is located in the heart of Kathmandu and offers an amazing view of the city from atop its hill. It’s also home to various museums, including the Royal Treasury Museum which contains a large collection of antique coins and jewelry.
Patan Durbar Square – Patan Durbar Square is one of the oldest areas in Kathmandu and features several Buddhist temples and palaces. It’s also a great place to admire traditional crafts such as pottery making and weaving.
Pashupatinath Temple – Pashupatinath Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is one of Nepal’s most popular tourist destinations. You can visit the temple by foot or by taking a bus from Patan Durbar Square.
Leave a Reply